Best Lawyers, the oldest and most respected peer-reviewed publication in the legal profession, recognized 28 Beasley Allen attorneys for their outstanding professional excellence in private practice for 2022.
Twenty-four Beasley Allen attorneys are among The Best Lawyers In America 2022:
* denotes first-time recipients of the award
- Alyssa Baskam*
- Anthony Dow Birchfield, Jr.
- Benjamin E. Baker, Jr.
- Benjamin L. Locklar
- C. Gibson Vance
- Chris D. Glover
- David B. Byrne III
- Ernest Franklin Woodson, Jr.
- J. Cole Portis
- J. Greg Allen
- Jere Locke Beasley
- Kendall C. Dunson
- LaBarron N. Boone
- Larry Golston*
- Leigh O’Dell
- Michael J. Crow
- Navan Ward, Jr.
- R. Graham Esdale, Jr.
- Rhon E. Jones
- Robert Register*
- Thomas J. Methvin
- Thomas P. Willingham
- W. Daniel Miles III
- W. Roger Smith III
Five of Beasley Allen’s Best Lawyers honorees were also named Lawyer of the Year. The Lawyer of the Year awards are presented annually to only one lawyer per practice area in each region with extremely high overall feedback from their peers, making it an exceptional distinction. Beasley Allen’s Lawyers of the Year include:
- Anthony Dow Birchfield, Jr., for Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions in Plaintiffs in Montgomery
- C. Gibson Vance, for Product Liability Litigation in Plaintiffs in Montgomery
- J. Greg Allen, for Personal Injury Litigation in Plaintiffs in Montgomery
- Rhon E. Jones, for Litigation in Environmental in Montgomery
- Thomas P. Willingham, for Product Liability Litigation in Plaintiffs in Birmingham
Additionally, Best Lawyers also recognized four Beasley Allen lawyers who are young in their careers among the 2022 Ones to Watch. Those recipients include:
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation.
For the 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America, 10 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in more than 66,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition. The list consists of approximately 5% of practicing lawyers in the United States, which exemplifies the work of the most elite and top-rated lawyers in the country.
Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”