- Alabama, U.S. District Court, Middle, Southern, and Northern Districts of Alabama (1987)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit (1987)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. Supreme Court (2018)
- Faulkner University’s Thomas Goode Jones School of Law (J.D., 1986)
- Auburn University at Montgomery (B.S., 1978; M.S., 1980)
- American Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association (Grievance Committee 1994-present)
- Alabama State Bar (Lawyer referral service committee 1989) (Disciplinary Commission 2009-Present)
- Montgomery Country Trial Lawyers Association
- Alabama Trial Lawyers Association (Sustaining Member and Executive Committee 1995-2004)
- The American Association for Justice (Interstate Trucking Litigation Group)
- Plaintiffs Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America
- Frazier United Methodist Church (Staff Parish Committee)
- Montgomery Retriever Club – President
Recognitions & Awards
- AV Rated
- Best Lawyers
- Super Lawyers
Mike is a principal in Beasley Allen Law Firm’s Personal Injury and Products Liability Section, mainly handling car and truck litigation, premise liability cases and brain injury cases.
Mike has been successful in litigating against the “Big Box Stores,” i.e. Wal-Mart, Home Depot and others, and he has a wealth of knowledge of their practices and procedures.
Mike has handled several cases against school administrators and jail administrators for section 1983 violations and Title IX violations. These cases range from young females students being sexually assaulted by a substitute teacher to the local school board failing to implement a Title IX policy and jail detainees failing to receive proper medical care.
Awards and Ratings
Mike has been regularly selected for inclusion on the Best Lawyers in America list since 2011. He is also regularly included on the prestigious Super Lawyers list.
Mike is on the executive committee of the Auburn University at Montgomery Basketball Booster Club. The club is responsible for raising funds for AUM’s basketball program, where Mike once played. He has recently been appointed to the Board of Directors for Capital City Juniors, a travel volleyball club based in Montgomery for girls ages 8-18. He is a former member of the Jimmy Hitchcock Committee, which annually selects an outstanding Christian student-athlete from the local community.
Mike is married to the former Marla Taylor of Hope Hull, Alabama, and they have two children. They attend Church of the Highlands. His son is a junior at the University of Alabama and his daughter is a sophomore at Auburn University. Mike is an avid cyclist and his wife is a tennis player and runner.
He is an avid waterfowl hunter. He also is active in Retriever Field Trials, where he judges events across the country and campaigns two of his own Labrador retrievers. He is president of the Montgomery Retriever Club.
Mike is a current and past member of the Montgomery County Bar Association grievance committee and has served on the committee for the past 20 years. In 2009 he was appointed to serve on the Alabama State Bar committee Disciplinary Commission. He is a member of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) Interstate Trucking Litigation Group, and the Plaintiffs Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America.