- Alabama (2011)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama (2015)
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Alabama (2016)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit (2017)
- University of Alabama School of Law (J.D. 2011)
- Birmingham-Southern College (B.S., magna cum laude, 2008)
- Alabama State Bar (Young Lawyers Section)
- Alabama Association for Justice
- National Trial Lawyers Association (Top 40 Under 40 for Civil Plaintiffs)
- Emerging Leaders
- Phi Beta Kappa
Recognitions & Awards
- Midsouth Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” list
- National Trial Lawyers Association’s Top 40 Under 40 for Civil Plaintiffs
- American Academy of Attorneys Top 40 Under 40 attorneys in Personal Injury (Alabama)
- Top 10 Under 40 (National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys for Alabama 2020)
- Beasley Allen Toxic Torts Section Lawyer of the year (2018)
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2021 Environmental Law)
Ryan joined the Toxic Torts Section of Beasley Allen in October 2011. He is currently representing water systems against companies alleged to have polluted their water supply with perfluorinated chemicals. Ryan is also assisting clients whose family members have suffered abuse and neglect at nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
Previously, Ryan was part of the section’s team that represented trucking businesses in the Hot Fuel multi-district litigation against oil companies which eventually resulted in over $20 million in settlements. He also represented businesses, commercial fishermen, and individuals who suffered injuries resulting from exposure to oil and dispersants as part of the BP Oil Spill litigation.
Ryan is originally from Birmingham, Alabama. He received his undergraduate degree from Birmingham-Southern College in 2008, graduating Phi Beta Kappa and magna cum laude with a major in political science and minor in Spanish. He obtained his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Alabama School of Law in 2011.
During law school, he worked in the Civil Law Clinic representing individuals in various civil litigation matters. He has also served as a judicial intern for Jefferson County Civil Circuit Judge Michael Graffeo and as a law clerk for the firm Baxley, Dillard, McKnight, James & McElroy in Birmingham.
Ryan is married to the former Claire Nikrant of Cleveland, Ohio. They live in Pike Road, Alabama, with their son Hank and miniature goldendoodle Walter and attend Holy Spirit Parish.
Awards and Ratings
Ryan has been selected to the Midsouth Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” list since 2018, which recognizes the top up-and-coming attorneys – those who are 40 years old or younger, or who have been practicing 10 years or less. Additionally, Ryan was selected for the Top 40 Under 40 designation by the American Academy of Attorneys for the Personal Injury Law section in Alabama and received the 2020 Top 10 Under 40 honor by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys for Alabama. He was also selected to the National Trial Lawyers Association’s Top 40 Under 40 for Civil Plaintiffs. Additionally, Ryan was selected as the 2018 Beasley Allen Lawyer of the Year for the Toxic Torts Section. Ryan was recognized by Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for his work in Environmental Law in 2021.
Ryan is a member of the Alabama State Bar Young Lawyer’s Section and the Alabama Association for Justice.