- Alabama (1993)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama (1995)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama (1999)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit (2001)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama (2020)
- U.S. Supreme Court (2019)
- University of Alabama (J.D., cum laude, 1993)
- Judson College (B.S., cum laude, 1989)
- Alabama Association for Justice
- Alabama Association for Justice – AMICUS Committee
- Alabama Association for Justice (ALAJ) Magazine – Editorial Board
- American Association for Justice
- Montgomery County Bar Association – Women’s Section (Past Chair)
- Montgomery County Association for Justice
- Alabama State Bar
- Alabama State Bar Bench and Bar Relations Task Force (2019-2020)
- Alabama State Bar Improving the Image of Lawyers Task Force (2019-2020)
- Alabama State Bar Diversity in the Profession
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
Recognitions & Awards
- AV Rated
- Benchmark Appellate 2013
Dana joined Beasley Allen Law Firm in 1998 and has handled complex business and commercial litigation and products liability and personal injury litigation. Currently, she focuses her practice in the areas of product liability and personal injury.
Many of her product liability cases have resulted in multi-million dollar settlements for her clients. She further acts as the lead appellant attorney for the firm’s Product Liability/Personal Injury Section.
Dana, born and raised in Butler, Alabama, received her law degree in 1993 from the University of Alabama School of Law. She worked as a law clerk for the Honorable Ira DeMent, United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama. Prior to joining Beasley Allen, she worked for a prominent defense firm and had a brief stint with the State of Alabama Attorney General’s Office.
Awards and Ratings
A Martindale Hubbell AV Rated attorney, Dana was selected for inclusion in the 2013 edition of Benchmark Appellate, a definitive reference guide recognizing the nation’s top appeals litigation firms and their attorneys.
Dana has lectured on a variety of legal topics related to personal injury law for several organizations including the Montgomery County Bar Association, the National Business Institute, the Alabama Trial Lawyers Associations and the Alabama Bar Institute for Continuing Legal Education.
Dana is a member of the Alabama Association for Justice, where she serves on the AMICUS Committee and on the editorial board for ALAJ Magazine; American Association for Justice; Montgomery County Bar Association; Montgomery County Association for Justice; Alabama State Bar; and Trial Lawyers for Public Justice. She is past chairperson of the Alabama State Bar Women’s Section and currently serves on several Alabama State Bar committees including the Bench & Bar Relations Task Force (2019-2020), Improving the Image of Lawyers Task Force (2019-2020) and Diversity in the Profession.
Dana is married to Derrick Taunton, and they have two daughters, Betsie and Abigail. She attends Frazer Memorial Methodist Church in Montgomery.