Larry GolstonPrincipal | Business Litigation, Fraud
Larry is a principal and trial attorney in Beasley Allen’s Fraud section where he has devoted his career to seeking justice on behalf of those who have been negligently or intentionally harmed by others. His clients include individuals and small businesses.
A native of Birmingham, Ala., Larry graduated from the University of Alabama in 1995 where he obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice. While attending college, Larry was initiated into Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. and was a member of the University of Alabama Residential Life Judicial Council.
A recipient of the Trial Advocacy and Law School Foundation Scholarship, Larry is a graduate of the University of Alabama School of Law and is licensed to practice in Alabama, Florida and the District of Columbia. Larry served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable James P. Smith of the 23rd Judicial Circuit in Madison County, Ala., and he served as a law clerk for the Honorable Sue Bell Cobb on the Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals prior to entering private practice at Beasley Allen.
Larry joined Beasley Allen in 2000 and prior to working in the Fraud section he worked in the firm’s Business Litigation section and later the Environmental & Toxic Torts section. While working in Environmental & Toxic Torts, Larry was a part of the legal team that obtained a settlement of the largest toxic exposure claims in U.S. history. That case involved PCB contamination in Anniston, Ala., by Solutia, Monsanto and Pharmacia. The federal court settlement exceeded $700 million for more than 18,000 clients. Currently, Larry handles cases involving Fraud, Employment Law, and Business Litigation.
Specifically, Larry’s practice is focused on whistleblower litigation, retaliation, wage & hour litigation, sexual harassment, employment discrimination, business fraud and class actions. Larry was lead attorney on the trial team that obtained a $1.7 million verdict for a small business client involving business fraud in Perry County, Ala. Larry has been involved in other notable cases that settled for substantial amounts including: a contractual dispute and business fraud case involving a consulting firm and Toyota; a whistleblower case involving a former defense contractor employee who informed the U.S. Government that it was being defrauded; and a case on behalf of police officers to recover unpaid overtime compensation.
In December 2012, Larry was selected as Beasley Allen’s Lawyer of the Year for the Fraud Section. Larry is also a Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated lawyer.
Larry currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Montgomery County Bar Association. Larry has served as president of both the Alabama Lawyers Association and the Capital City Bar Association. He is also the former Chairman of the Adams-Shores Caucus of the Alabama Association for Justice. Larry is a member of the Federal Bar Association.
Larry has been a lecturer on whistleblower litigation, employment law and trial strategies for various legal organizations, including CLE Alabama, the Alabama Lawyers Association and the Alabama Association for Justice. Larry is also frequently a guest on WSFA-TV’s “The Beasley Allen Report” program and on the WVAS 90.7 FM radio show “The Law & You,” where he has spoken extensively on whistleblower litigation and employment law issues such as sexual harassment, wage & hour litigation, discrimination, and retaliation.
Larry serves on the Board of Directors for the Montgomery YMCA-Bell Road Branch and regularly serves as a volunteer head coach for youth football and youth basketball with the YMCA. When not engaged in the busy practice of law, Larry also volunteers his time to speak to high school and grade school students about the law, the importance of getting a good post-secondary education, and the importance of the judicial branch of government.
Larry is married to Danielle Golston and they have a daughter and a son. The Golston family attends Northview Christian Church-Safe Harbor in Montgomery, Ala.
- Florida (2001)
- District of Columbia (2001)
- U.S. District Court, Northern, and Southern Districts of Alabama (2000)
- Alabama, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama (1998)
- Alabama State Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Alabama Lawyers Association - Past President
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Association for Justice - Past Chair, Adams-Shores Caucus
- Capital City Bar Association - Past President
- 100 Black Men of Montgomery, AL
- Montgomery County Trial Lawyers Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association - Board of Directors
- Advisory Committee on the Alabama Rules of Evidence - Member
- Federal Bar Association
- Montgomery YMCA-Bell Road Branch - Board of Directors
- YMCA Basketball and Football Coach
- AAU Basketball Coach
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- Beasley Allen Fraud Section Lawyer of the Year 2012
- University of Alabama School of Law (J.D., 1998)
- University of Alabama (B.A., 1995)
- Beasley Allen principal Larry Golston speaks on wrongful termination, workplace discrimination
- Target data breach: Beasley Allen's Larry Golston talks to WSFA
- False Claims Act protects, rewards whistleblowers who expose fraud
- Beasley Allen attorney Larry Golston discusses workplace discrimination
- Recognizing discrimination in the workplace
At Beasley Allen, there is never a fee for legal services, unless we collect for you. Contact us today by filling out a brief questionnaire, or by calling our toll free number, 1-800-898-2034, for a free, no-cost no-obligation evaluation of your case.