Michael J. CrowPrincipal | Personal Injury and Product Liability
Mike is a principal in Beasley Allen Law Firm’s Personal Injury and Products Liability Section, mainly handling car and truck litigation, premise liability cases and brain injury cases.
Mike has been successful in litigating against the "Big Box Stores," i.e. Wal-Mart, Home Depot and others, and he has a wealth of knowledge of their practices and procedures.
He has handled several cases against a local school board for Section 1983 violations and Title IX violations. These cases ranged from young female students being sexually assaulted by a substitute teacher and the local school board failing to implement a Title IX policy, to their failure to provide medical care to persons in state, county or city facilities.
Mike is a current member of the Montgomery County Bar Association’s Grievance Committee, which he has served on for the past 15 years. In 2009, he was appointed to serve on the Alabama State Bar’s Disciplinary Commission. In addition, he is a member of the American Association for Justice’s Interstate Trucking Litigation Group.
Awards and Ratings
Mike has been regularly selected for inclusion on the Best Lawyers in America list since 2011. He is also regularly included on the prestigious Super Lawyers list.
Mike is on the executive committee of the Auburn University at Montgomery Basketball Booster Club. The club is responsible for raising funds for AUM’s basketball program, where Mike once played. He has recently been appointed to the Board of Directors for Capital City Juniors, a travel volleyball club based in Montgomery for girls ages 8-18. He is a former member of the Jimmy Hitchcock Committee, which annually selects an outstanding Christian student athlete from the local community.
Mike is married to the former Marla Taylor of Hope Hull, Alabama, and they have two children. They attend Frazer United Methodist Church in Pike Road, Alabama, where he served on the Board of Stewards through 2010 and the Staff Parish Committee through 2016.
He is an avid waterfowl hunter. He also is active in Retriever Field Trials, where he judges events across the country and campaigns two of his own Labrador retrievers. He is president of the Montgomery Retriever Club.
- Alabama, U.S. District Court, Middle, Southern, and Northern Districts of Alabama (1987)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit (1987)
- Montgomery County and American Bar Associations
- Montgomery County Bar Grievance Committee (1994-present)
- Alabama State Bar (Lawyer referral service committee 1989)
- Montgomery County Trial Lawyers Association
- Alabama Trial Lawyers Association (Sustaining member and Executive Committee 1995-2004)
- The American Association for Justice (member of commercial truck litigation group)
- Trial Lawyers For Public Justice and Public Citizen
- Frazier United Methodist Church (Staff Parish Committee)
- Montgomery Retriever Club - President
- AV Rated
- Best Lawyers
- Super Lawyers
- Faulkner University's Thomas Goode Jones School of Law (J.D., 1986)
- Auburn University at Montgomery (B.S., 1978; M.S., 1980)
At Beasley Allen, there is never a fee for legal services, unless we collect for you. Contact us today by filling out a brief questionnaire, or by calling our toll free number, 800-898-2034, for a free, no-cost no-obligation evaluation of your case.