D. Michael AndrewsShareholder | Personal Injury and Product Liability
Mike graduated cum laude from Thomas Goode Jones Law School in 2001. While attending Jones, he served two terms as a member of the Law Review Board; he held a position as senator in the Student Bar Association; he was the President of the Kenneth F. Ingram Senate of Delta Theta Phi law fraternity; and he was the Chief Justice of the Student Bar Honor Court. Mike was recognized for Best Scholastic Achievement in Contracts and Criminal Law, and he was also the recipient of the West Publishing Corpus Juris Secundum Award for academic excellence.
Mike deals with complex product liability cases involving serious injury or death. He has handled several cases against manufacturers of aircraft, light and heavy trucks, automobiles, and agricultural and construction equipment. He enjoys highly technical cases and has a particular passion for working on behalf of injured children. Several of his cases have resulted in seven-figure settlements. Mike is a Martindale Hubbell AV rated attorney.
Currently, Mike's primary focus is on Mesothelioma lawsuits. Mesothelioma is a deadly form of cancer caused only by exposure to asbestos. Mesothelioma most commonly affects the lining of the chest cavity and lungs but may also affect the lining of the abdomen or, more rarely, the lining of the heart.
"Planes, Trains, Automobiles and Escalators" is one of the various publications Mike has authored. In it he discussed the alarming frequency of childhood injuries caused by poorly designed and maintained escalators. Having spoken in the past on the dangers of 15-passenger vans, he was recently invited to be a featured speaker at the annual Alabama Trial Lawyers convention, where his topic was the practical applications of electronic discovery in product liability cases.
Mike currently serves on the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Transportation Safety Advisory Board, Board of Directors for Houston County Girls, Inc., and Board of Directors for the Alabama Head Injury Foundation.
Mike and his wife, the former Carol Benton, were reared in Dothan, Alabama. They have three children: Shelby, David Michael II, and Jack. Mike and his family attend First Baptist Church in Dothan. Also of note, Mike is a photographer whose work has received both local and national awards.
- Alabama and U.S. District Court, Middle and Northern Districts of Alabama (2001)
- Alabama Trial Lawyers Association
- Montgomery County Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group
- UAB Transportation Safety Advisory Board
- Board of Directors - Alabama Head Injury Foundation
- Board of Directors - Houston County Girls, Inc.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- Thomas Goode Jones School Of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2001)
- Troy State University at Dothan (B.S. B.A., 1997)
- Defective products pose a hazard to anyone at any time
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) featured on WSFA's 12 News Defenders program
- Beasley Allen lawyer Mike Andrews talks about LifeSouth lawsuit with WSFA
- Injured on the job, There may be product liability
- The Beasley Allen Report Takes a Look at a Case Involving Aviation Litigation
- Beasley Allen attorney Mike Andrews discusses Pool Safety on LegalTalk Radio
- Mesothelioma Attorney Mike Andrews on Mesothelioma
- Mike Andrews discusses defective seat belts
At Beasley Allen, there is never a fee for legal services, unless we collect for you. Contact us today by filling out a brief questionnaire, or by calling our toll free number, 1-800-898-2034, for a free, no-cost no-obligation evaluation of your case.