Each year, beginning just before Thanksgiving, Beasley Allen employees start getting in the festive spirit and look forward to sharing the joy of the season throughout the community. This year the firm and its nearly 300 employees continued to support a number of holiday projects in Montgomery, Alabama, where it is headquartered, and also in Atlanta from our offices there.
Organizations supported in Montgomery this holiday season include:
- Family Sunshine Center — The center has served victims and survivors of family violence in the River Region for 36 years, and Beasley Allen has long supported the Sunshine Center’s work in our community. This year the firm, along with its employees, donated food and other grocery items to provide Thanksgiving dinner for 31 families, including more than 70 children. Additionally, the firm and employees helped make Christmas brighter for six families and one individual child.
- Flowers Elementary School — Through our mentoring partnership with Flowers Elementary School, we have seen the importance reading plays in students’ academic development and success. Firm employees collected and donated books to the school to help enhance the students’ reading opportunities. Our own Sandra Jones delivered books to the school’s principal, Ms. Ethel Barnes, and its ARI (Alabama Reading Initiative) Reading Specialist, Ms. Heather Wible who thanked the firm on behalf of their students. The donated books included three complete sets of Dr. Seuss, one complete set of Curious George, and several Spanish readers.
- Hands of Christ Ministry’s Toy Store — This ministry, part of Morningview Baptist Church, sets up a “store” that allows those who qualify to purchase donated toys for children ages 3-16 at extremely discounted prices. Thanks to our staff’s generosity, Beasley Allen donated toys to help stock the Toy Store and allow families to feel the joy of providing Christmas for their children.
- Capitol Hill Healthcare — For a number of years, Capitol Hill Healthcare Christmas tree has been decorated with paper angels that correspond to each of its residents. Each angel includes the resident’s Christmas wish list. This year, firm employees adopted 101 angels who reside at the nursing home in downtown Montgomery. The volunteers donated gifts that are included on the resident’s Christmas wish list to help make their holidays a little brighter. These gifts often include items the residents need, such as clothing, socks, and hygiene products.
- Friendship Mission — The Friendship Mission houses approximately 100 men, women, and children living in two shelters in the River Region. They serve approximately 8,000 meals each month between the two shelters. Beasley Allen provided items like warm clothing, socks, gloves, blankets, and toiletries to be distributed at the shelters this Christmas.
The Atlanta Team’s holiday giving:
In addition to participating in the Montgomery office charity projects, the Atlanta team also worked with the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association’s (GTLA’s) New Lawyer Division and the State of Georgia’s Division of Family and Children’s Services (DFCS) in sponsoring children for Christmas. The DFCS is the state agency that investigates reports of child abuse; finds foster and adoptive homes for abused and neglected children, and provides assistance and numerous support services and innovative programs to help families in need. Beasley Allen’s Atlanta lawyers made the holidays magical for children by providing gifts from their wish list.
Here’s hoping your holiday season was warm and bright and wishing you all the best in the New Year!