Ted G. MeadowsShareholder | Medical Devices and Drugs
After graduating from law school, Ted returned to his hometown of Prattville, Alabama, where he learned the basics of a general law practice in the firm of Howell, Sarto & Howell. In 1995, Ted moved his growing personal injury practice to Birmingham, Alabama, where he became a partner in the plaintiffs' litigation firm of Davenport, Lavette & Meadows, P.C. In 2001, Ted accepted an "of counsel" position at Beasley Allen. While he has spent his entire career helping the injured and defrauded, Ted now focuses on representing personal injury victims throughout the country in claims against pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
Ted became a shareholder at Beasley Allen in 2002. Since that time, he has been the principal Beasley Allen attorney in verdicts and settlements totaling more than $325 million, including a $72.6 million compensatory verdict in a hormone replacement therapy trial. This verdict was selected by the National Law Journal as No. 30 on its list of Top 100 Verdicts of 2011. Ted received the 2009 award for Beasley Allen Mass Torts Lawyer of the year, and the 2012 award for Beasley Allen Litigator of the Year.
Ted is a frequent speaker on mass tort issues. He has been a guest speaker at National Lawyer Conventions held in Montgomery, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Miami, Key West, Aspen, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, Atlanta, Alabama, and Puerto Rico. Ted received the Alabama State Bar Continuing Legal Education Award in recognition of efforts to continue and enhance professional competence. He has been recognized as an "advocate" by the National College of Advocacy. Ted has spoken at the Mississippi Judicial College on the subject of Electronic Discovery. He has spoken regarding Hormone Therapy (Prempro) litigation in a conference sponsored by the American Association for Justice. Ted has been interviewed by Legal Talk Network regarding the latest in the Vioxx (2006) and Hormone Therapy (2012) litigations. He is mentioned in the 2007 through 2010 editions of The Legal 500 - A book carrying independent editorial commentary on the leading law firms in the United States.
Ted was the principal Beasley Allen attorney who handled the Lotronex, Meridia, Guidant Ancure Stent, Sulzer and Smith & Nephew Knee Replacement litigations, as well as Hormone Therapy (Prempro) cases. He was selected to serve on the Plaintiffs' Steering Committee in the Prempro Multi District Litigation. Ted is currently investigating other potential Mass Tort claims.
Ted is married to the former Carla Musgrove of Eufaula, Alabama. They have two children, Nathan and Amanda. He and his family are members of Saint James United Methodist Church, where he is actively involved in the Music Ministry and has served on the Board of Trustees. Ted is an avid triathlete and enjoys following his children in their athletic pursuits, including soccer, swimming and triathlon.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado (2008)
- US District Court, District of Nebraska (2006)
- State Bar of West Virginia (2005)
- US District Court, Southern District of West Virginia (2005)
- US District Court for the District of Minnesota (2005)
- Washington D.C. Bar (2004)
- Minnesota Bar (2004)
- Mississippi Bar (2003)
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi (2003)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit (2003)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit (2003)
- Texas Bar (2003)
- Alabama Bar (1991)
- U.S. District Court, Middle, Southern, and Northern Districts of Alabama (1991)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit (1991)
- Alabama Association for Justice (Executive Committee, Board of Governors, 1995-1996 Chairman of Young Lawyers Committee, Legislative Committee)
- American Association for Justice Section on Toxic, Environmental & Pharmaceutical Torts (S.T.E.P.)
- American Association for Justice Product Liability Section
- American Association for Justice Litigation Support Groups for Sulzer, Meridia (Co-Chairman), Lotronex, Baycol, Daubert, Welding Rods, Zyprexa, Hormone Therapy, Heart Devices, COX II and Pain Pumps (Co-Chairman)
- Alabama State Bar Lawyer Referral Board of Trustees 2001-2004
- Montgomery County Trial Lawyers Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- AV Rated
- National Law Journal Top 100 Verdicts
- Cumberland School of Law (J.D., 1991)
- University of Alabama (B.S., Corporate Finance, 1988)
At Beasley Allen, there is never a fee for legal services, unless we collect for you. Contact us today by filling out a brief questionnaire, or by calling our toll free number, 1-800-898-2034, for a free, no-cost no-obligation evaluation of your case.