Richard D. StrattonOf Counsel | Environmental
Rick Stratton joined the Beasley Allen law firm in May 2010 in the Environmental Law Section. Rick has more than twenty-four years of legal experience devoted entirely to civil litigation practice in state and federal courts in Alabama and the Southeast. He has successfully litigated more than 100 jury trials to verdict. His trial experience includes products liability, medical negligence, workplace safety, environmental, toxic torts, civil rights, and vaccine claims.
Since joining Beasley Allen, Rick has focused his practice on the BP Oil Spill litigation. Rick's appellate experience includes more than fifty appeals before Alabama and Mississippi Supreme courts, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Rick earned his J.D. from Cumberland School of Law, where he was on Cumberland Law Review.
Rick is active with Habitat for Humanity of Greater Birmingham, and is a frequent Continuing Legal Education lecturer. He is married, with two grown children.
- Alabama State Bar 1986
- Florida State Bar 1985
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Middle Districts of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Alabama State Bar
- Florida Bar Association
- Amicus Curie Committee, Alabama Association for Justice
- Board of Governors of Alabama Association for Justice
- Executive Committee, Alabama Association for Justice
- Public Justice
- Alabama Public Justice Foundation
- AV Rated
- Cumberland School of Law (J.D. 1985)
- University of Florida (B.A. 1980)
At Beasley Allen, there is never a fee for legal services, unless we collect for you. Contact us today by filling out a brief questionnaire, or by calling our toll free number, 800-898-2034, for a free, no-cost no-obligation evaluation of your case.