C. Lance GouldPrincipal | Fraud
Lance began his legal career with Beasley Allen in 1997. Currently, his practice focuses on whistleblower litigation, wage & hour litigation and class actions. Lance has represented thousands of clients at Beasley Allen resulting in multi-million dollar settlements, and influenced corporations to correct their improper practices.
Lance initially focused his practice in the area of consumer fraud litigation. He handled actions brought by individuals who were victims of predatory lending practices. Some of these deceptive practices included mortgage fraud, equity theft, loan flipping and insurance packing.
His current focus, whistleblower litigation, is a particularly important area of the firm's Consumer Fraud Section. Under the whistleblower provisions of the False Claims Act, a whistleblower is entitled to receive up to 30 percent of any money the government recovers. This is both an incentive and a reward for the tremendous sacrifices – both personal and professional – whistleblowers often make by reporting the truth.
In addition, Lance was a member of the trial team in a landmark case involving a door-to-door sales and finance scam, which resulted in a verdict of $581 million. As a result of this litigation, the finance company quit these types of activities in the state of Alabama.
In 2016, Lance, a Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated attorney, published a book on the topic of whistleblower law titled "Whistleblowers: A Brief History & A Guide to Getting Started." The book is available free to lawyers. For your copy, visit lancegould-law.com/whistleblower-book. He has authored numerous publications on the Fair Labor Standards Act, False Claims Act and has been a guest speaker at both the state and national levels.
Lance is a co-chair of the Wage and Hour Section of the Workers Injury Law and Advocacy Group. This section provides assistance and guidance to attorneys helping employees recover wages and benefits to which they are entitled.
Lance is married to the former Connie Gardner, and they have three children, Madison, Jake and Caroline. They are active members of Frazer United Methodist Church. Lance serves on the Board of the Blue Gray National Tennis Classic. He has coached local high school mock trial teams in the Alabama YMCA High School Mock Trial Competition.
- Alabama and U.S. District Court, Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Alabama (1997)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit (1997)
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois (2009)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida (2009)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois (2010)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan (2010)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee (2010)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas (2010)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas (2010)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western District of Arkansas (2010)
- Alabama State Bar
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Montgomery County Trial Lawyers Association
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Alabama Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- Christian Trial Lawyers Association
- Russell County Bar Association
- Workers Injury Law and Advocacy Group - Co-chair, Wage & Hour Section
- AV Rated
- Faulkner University's Thomas Goode Jones School of Law (J.D., 1996)
- Auburn University (B.S., 1993)
- The Importance of a Whistleblower Attorney
- Beasley Allen principal Lance Gould offers facts on the False Claims Act and whistleblowers
- Beasley Allen attorneys define the FLSA, False Claims Act and Whistleblower Protection Act
- The Fair Labor Standards Act ensures workers’ rights
- FLSA explained by Beasley Allen attorney Lance Gould
- How the FLSA protects workers from unfair labor practices
- What should you know about Wage & Hour laws?
At Beasley Allen, there is never a fee for legal services, unless we collect for you. Contact us today by filling out a brief questionnaire, or by calling our toll free number, 800-898-2034, for a free, no-cost no-obligation evaluation of your case.