Julie is a member of The Fresh Anointing House of Worship and is involved in many charity events in the community and other non-profit organizations.
Julie competes on a local and national level in cutting horse competitions with her horses, Duallin in the Snow and others. She currently owns 16 horses and enjoys having friends and family come to the barn to see and ride the horses. She is also a member of the National Cutting Horse Association and was recently appointed an Alabama director for the organization.
Julie is a member of the UAB Health Center Advisory Board, Trustee of the Southeastern Livestock Exposition and a member of the Cumberland School of Law Advisory Board.
Recently, Julie has settled many cases for substantial amounts, including the following:
- A case against a trucking company whose driver was traveling at an excessive speed, causing a collision so horrific that it ripped the car in half, killing the driver and its passenger;
- A case involving a permanent injury to a construction worker who fell in a hole (leading to a 21-foot concrete shaft) which had no warning and no secure cover;
- A case against a beer company in a wrongful death action when its driver negligently ran over a 5-year-old boy on a bicycle after making a delivery at a convenience store;
- A case in Tennessee against a day care owner for negligent supervision of an 18-month-old child, which led to the child's death after she was left unattended in a highchair. A forensic medical expert confirmed that the child suffocated after becoming stuck between the tray and the highchair.
Julia has been selected for inclusion on the Best Lawyers in America list since 2012 and to the prestigious 2017 Super Lawyers list.
- Alabama, U.S. District Court, Middle and Northern Districts of Alabama (1992)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit (1992)
- Montgomery County and American Bar Associations
- Alabama State Bar (Participates in the Volunteer Lawyers Program)
- American Association for Justice
- Alabama Trial Lawyers Association (Board of Governors)
- Montgomery County Trial Lawyers Association
- Advisory Board - Cumberland School of Law
- AV Rated
- Best Lawyers
- Super Lawyers
- Samford University Cumberland School of Law of Samford University (J.D., 1992)
- Huntingdon College (B.A., 1985)
At Beasley Allen, there is never a fee for legal services, unless we collect for you. Contact us today by filling out a brief questionnaire, or by calling our toll free number, 800-898-2034, for a free, no-cost no-obligation evaluation of your case.