Chris D. GloverPrincipal | Personal Injury and Product Liability
Chris has dedicated his practice to protecting the rights of survivors of catastrophic personal injury and victims of wrongful death. He has represented injured individuals and their families in a wide range of serious injury and death claims, including those that were the result of defective products; car, commercial truck and workplace accidents; and aviation accidents. He has litigated numerous cases that have resulted in verdicts or settlements in excess of $1 million. Chris was lead counsel on a $4.7 million verdict against seatbelt manufacturer Key Safety Systems. The verdict was significant because it is one of the only verdicts of its type against an automobile component manufacturer.
A frequent lecturer, Chris has spoken across the country on issues concerning commercial truck litigation, defective products, trial skills and effective leadership. He has authored more than 50 papers for publication and presentation to various lawyer organizations.
In 2015, Chris authored a book, An Introduction to Truck Accident Claims: A Guide to Getting Started. The book is a primer for lawyers interested in trucking litigation, covering topics including the basics of trucking regulations and requirements, and how to prepare for a case involving commercial vehicles, including issues such as Hours of Service regulations, fatigue, maintenance and products liability. The book is available free to attorneys.
Chris graduated from Samford University's Cumberland School of Law and practiced law in Birmingham, Ala., for a number of years prior to joining the firm in 2008. He has been recognized by his peers as a leader by being elected officer to numerous professional associations, including the Chair of the American Association for Justice New Lawyer's Division, and Chair of the Emerging Leader's Division of the Alabama Association for Justice. He served as President of the Southern Trial Lawyers Association through March 2012.
In 2011 and again in 2013, Chris was selected as Beasley Allen's Lawyer of the Year for the Products Liability section. In 2015 and 2016, he was selected as Beasley Allen's Lawyer of the Year for the Personal Injury section. He is a Martindale Hubbell AV Rated attorney, and was named to the Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" list in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014, which recognizes the top up-and-coming attorneys, and to the Super Lawyers list in 2015 and 2016.
Chris is consistently active in church, civic and charitable organizations. His contributions to his profession and community were recognized when he was honored with the Jacksonville State University 2005 Young Alumni of the Year.
Chris is married to the former Erin Henley, and they have two children, Kaitlyn and Andrew. Chris is an Adult Sunday school teacher and a Deacon at Montgomery First Baptist Church, a Board Member for Urban TREC Homeless Ministry and TREC India Orphanage, a member of Alabama Citizens for Constitutional Reform, Jacksonville State University Alumni Association, Montgomery Chapter; Jacksonville State University Alumni Association Advisory Board; and a baseball coach for Montgomery Dixie Youth Baseball.
- Georgia (2008)
- Florida (2004)
- Alabama (2001)
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Alabama (2001)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit and U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama (2001)
- United States Supreme Court (2001)
- American Association for Justice, Chair of New Lawyer's Division
- American Association for Justice, Former Member of Executive Committee, Board of Governors and Chair of New Lawyers Division
- Southern Trial Lawyer's Association, Past President
- Alabama Association for Justice, Executive Committee, Board of Governors
- Florida Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Alabama State Bar
- Florida Bar Association
- Florida Justice Association
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- Montgomery County Association for Justice
- Alabama Citizens for Constitutional Reform
- Alabama Trial Lawyers Association, Executive Committee and Former Chair of Emerging Leaders Division
- Super Lawyers
- Super Lawyers "Rising Stars"
- AV Rated
- Beasley Products Liability Lawyer of the Year Award (2013)
- Beasley Allen Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year Award (2015 & 2016)
- Samford University's Cumberland School of Law at Samford University
- Jacksonville State University
- Beasley Allen principal Chris Glover discusses his free trucking litigation book
- Innovative technology in automobile industry can still fail
- Defective guardrails on roadways discussed by Beasley Allen attorney Chris Glover
- Chris Glover talks about Beasley Allen Law Firm’s mission
- Beasley Allen attorney Chris Glover discusses how fatigued driving caused a UA student’s death
- Serious injuries in auto crashes are often linked to defective products, design
- Pool Safety featured on ’12 News Defenders’
- Beasley Allen representing family of woman killed in collision with charter bus following National Championship game
- Beasley Allen attorney Chris Glover discusses personal injury law
- Aviation accidents -- a look at a helicopter crash case
- Beasley Allen’s Glover files lawsuit on behalf of drowning victims, WAKA-TV reports
- How to spot a product liability claim
- Effective opening arguments
- The story of a rear end collision truck wreck case
- Litigation testing in the commercial vehicle case
- 12th Annual General Practice and Trial Institute - Chris Glover
- Asleep at the Wheel – What Happens When Commercial Truck Drivers Don’t Rest?
- Dynamic Opening Statements
- Rear Crashworthiness Wasted Space Wasted Lives
- Technology and Innovative Trial Exhibits
- Effective Opening Statements
- From the Chair
- Traveling in Murky Water
- Shoulder Restraints
- How to Spot a Product Liability Case
- Emerging Restraint Issues
- Multiplying coverage in collision cases
- Double Coverage: Obtaining multiple "occurrences" in a motor vehicle collision case
- Legal but lethal: the 15-passenger van
At Beasley Allen, there is never a fee for legal services, unless we collect for you. Contact us today by filling out a brief questionnaire, or by calling our toll free number, 800-898-2034, for a free, no-cost no-obligation evaluation of your case.