The family of a 12-year-old boy who was electrocuted at a Miami bus stop shelter has been awarded $65 million.
The family had sued the outdoor advertising company that built and wired the shelter.
The jury decided that Eller Media Company must pay $4.1 million in compensatory damages and 61 million in punitive damages.
Attorneys for the family of Jorge Luis Cabrera say he died after stepping on an electrical conduit at the bus stop in October 1998.
Eller Media and one of its workers were cleared in 2001 of criminal charges in the boys death. The company has said the boy was likely struck by lightning the night of his death.