An Electrocution Case is Filed in State Court

posted on:
October 23, 2007

author:
Staff

Our firm filed a case recently that involved the death of a young wife and mother, who was electrocuted while working in a chicken house located on her property in Barbour County, Alabama. 

Her death was caused by a defective electrical system, which had been installed for the chicken feeder system. The system was badly designed and, we believe, improperly installed.

Had the system utilized alternative designs that were readily available to the defendants, who designed and installed the system, the death would not have occurred.

The decedent is survived by her husband and two children.

We will attempt to show that the design and installation of the electrical system was bad and that it created an extremely dangerous condition. Any person working in the chicken house was put at risk for serious injury or death.

There are a number of defendants in the case and it's likely others will be added as discovery goes forward. Greg Allen and Jere Beasley will handle this case, along with Shane Seaborn, Myron Penn, and Will Partin of the firm of Penn and Seaborn from Clayton.

Free Legal Consultation
At Beasley Allen, there is never a fee for legal services, unless we collect for you. Contact us today by filling out a brief questionnaire, or by calling our toll free number, 1-800-898-2034, for a free, no-cost no-obligation evaluation of your case.
back to top