The family of a Santa Clara man who died as a result of his workplace exposure to asbestos reached a $2.3 million settlement with several companies, the family’s attorney said Friday.
Charlie Piazza, an electrician, was exposed to asbestos products made by companies that included San Carlos-based Kelly-Moore Paint Co. Inc., said attorney Eric Brown of Baron & Budd law firm.
Piazza was an electrician and construction subcontractor in the Santa Clara area for more than 40 years, Brown said.
In March 2005, he was diagnosed with mesothelioma, a cancer of the lining of the lungs caused by asbestos exposure. He died in May 2005 at the age of 62, less than six weeks after his diagnosis.