Melissa A. PrickettPrincipal | Medical Devices and Drugs
Melissa is a member of our Mass Torts section and currently is involved in the DePuy hip replacement litigation. She also was involved in hormone therapy litigation and served on the Governing Committee and various sub-committees in the Prempro Multi District Litigation. She previously handled our Baycol litigation and was involved in the settlement of some of the firm's Baycol cases. She was also involved in our Celebrex/Bextra litigation.
Melissa also serves as the Director of Operations for Mass Torts section and oversees the day-to-day operations of that section.
Melissa graduated from Jones School of Law in 2001. While at Jones, she served as a member of the Law Review Board and was recognized as Outstanding First Year Student. She was active in the Student Bar Association and held the positions of First-Year Senator and Vice-President. She also was selected Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges.
Melissa is a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated attorney, member of several associations and has served as a guest scoring judge in local moot court competitions. She serves as a mentor to members of the Women Students Association at Jones School of Law. Melissa has been a guest speaker at local seminars and at senior citizen centers on pharmaceutical litigation.
Melissa is married to Michael Prickett, and they have two sons. They are members of Frazer United Methodist Church and are active in the Children's Ministry.
- Alabama (2001)
- Alabama State Bar
- Montgomery County Association for Justice
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association - Women's Section
- Christian Trial Lawyers Association
- Former Member of the Docket Committee of the Montgomery County Bar Association
- Women's Section of the Alabama State Bar
- Member of The Alabama Lawyer Bar Directory Committee
- American Association for Justice [Section on Toxic, Environmental & Pharmaceutical Torts (S.T.E.P.); Litigation Support Groups for Hormone Therapy, Preemption, Baycol, Cox II, Welding Rods and Daubert]
- Mentor, Jones School of Law Women Students Association
- Public Justice Foundation
- AV Rated
- Jones School of Law (J.D., 2001)
- Auburn University at Montgomery (B.S., 1997)
At Beasley Allen, there is never a fee for legal services, unless we collect for you. Contact us today by filling out a brief questionnaire, or by calling our toll free number, 800-898-2034, for a free, no-cost no-obligation evaluation of your case.