Archie I. Grubb, IIPrincipal | Fraud
Archie joined Beasley Allen Law Firm in 2009 and serves as a lawyer in the firm’s Consumer Fraud Section. His practice focuses on consumer class actions and whistleblower litigation. Archie has served as co-counsel in two class action settlements, providing millions of dollars in relief to homeowners who paid for force-placed flood insurance. Additionally, he has played an active role in the multidistrict litigation related to the Volkswagen emissions scandal, which resulted in billions paid to more than 500,000 Volkswagen diesel owners.
Archie continues to work on the Volkswagen litigation, as well as multi-district class action litigation against Blue Cross/Blue Shield (antitrust), Takata and various automakers (defective airbags), and General Motors (defective ignition switches). He also is engaged in class actions related to defective aerial booms in bucket trucks, defective laminate flooring products, wrongfully withheld Social Security benefits and improperly applied rental car insurance charges. In addition, Archie is co-counsel in class actions alleging violations of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA) and the Drivers’ Privacy Protection Act (DPPA).
During his legal career, Archie has counseled whistleblowers from a variety of settings, including the pharmaceutical industry, defense industry, hospital and medical practice, hospice and home health, and for-profit education. Archie represented one of six whistleblowers responsible for a $39 million settlement in a False Claims Act case alleging illegal kickbacks and off-label marketing by a pharmaceutical company. Archie also represented a group of whistleblowers who helped close a for-profit college that lied to students, accreditors and the federal government concerning attendance, graduation rates and job placement. Archie is involved in a number of whistleblower cases currently filed under seal in federal courts throughout the country.
Archie has been lead or co-counsel in the following matters:
- Two court-approved class action settlements providing millions in relief to borrowers who paid for force-placed flood insurance
- A $3.3 million personal injury settlement
- A $1.2 million settlement of a business dispute alleging breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and fraud
- A $575,000 settlement of an insurance coverage dispute
- A $400,000 settlement of breach of contract claim between two businesses
- A $300,000 settlement on behalf of a consumer in a case alleging fraud, breach of contract and other claims
- A $225,000 settlement for a supplier alleging breach of contract against its buyer
- A $200,000 settlement of business claims involving breach of contract and breach of confidentiality
- A $162,500 settlement for a manufacturer alleging breach of contract and bad faith against its insurance carrier
- A $150,000 settlement for a merchant alleging breach of contract and bad faith against its insurance carrier
- A $150,000 claim for a consumer injured by a dangerous product
- Multiple five and six figure settlements of employment-related claims
He has successfully tried cases to verdict in Alabama and Georgia and is admitted to practice in numerous federal courts.
Awards and Ratings
Archie is AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell and was named Beasley Allen’s 2016 Lawyer of the Year for the Consumer Fraud Section. He was recognized by the Montgomery County Bar Association in 2012 and 2013 for his pro bono work through the Alabama State Bar's Volunteer Lawyer Program.
Archie is a member of the American Association for Justice’s Class Action Litigation Group, and the Taxpayers Against Fraud Education Fund, an organization dedicated to supporting whistleblowers.
Archie has given CLE presentations on various aspects of consumer class action litigation in Atlanta, Miami, New Orleans and San Juan, Puerto Rico. Archie has given CLE presentations on whistleblower litigation at Troy State University and Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law. Additionally, Archie has presented on several occasions at Beasley Allen's Legal Strategies Conference in Montgomery, Alabama. This is the largest conference of its kind for Alabama attorneys in private practice, annually drawing more than 1,000 attendees.
He is a 2003 graduate of the University of Alabama School of Law. He is a 1995 graduate of the University of Alabama honors program, where he received his degree with a double-major in history and political science.
Archie serves as vice-president of the Board of Directors at Brantwood Children’s Home, a non-profit home for neglected and at-risk children. He is a co-founder of the Unity Group, a partnership between predominantly black and white Methodist churches in the Montgomery area. As a hobby, he has coached youth basketball since 2011.
- Alabama (2003)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama (2003)
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama (2003)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama (2015)
- Georgia (2004)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia (2011)
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia (2007)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia (2015)
- Georgia Court of Appeals (2010)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit (2013)
- Georgia Supreme Court (2016)
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado (2013)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee (2010)
- United States Tax Court (2014)
- Alabama State Bar
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Georgia State Bar
- Chattahoochee Bar Association (Past President)
- American Association for Justice (Class Action Litigation Group)
- Montgomery County Association for Justice
- Taxpayers Against Fraud Education Fund
- Brantwood Children's Home Board of Directors
- AV Rated
- Beasley Allen's Fraud Litigator of the Year Award (2016)
- University of Alabama School of Law (J.D., 2003)
- University of Alabama (B.S., 1995)
At Beasley Allen, there is never a fee for legal services, unless we collect for you. Contact us today by filling out a brief questionnaire, or by calling our toll free number, 800-898-2034, for a free, no-cost no-obligation evaluation of your case.